Sunday, July 12, 2009

When it rains it pours

When I was admitted in the hospital, many family members developed some medical problem or the other. Of course, before my stroke Jaya and Sujit were away in Hyderabad because Jaya's mom had to undergo a surgery.

My sister developed a growth on her abdomen. The doctor said that it may not be malignant but advised her to get it removed nevertheless. This necessitated a minor surgery.

My brother-in-law was in Coimbatore on leave because of my stroke. When he was coming to the hospital one day on his scooter, a dog decided to explore the terrain in the middle of the road and he had to apply the brakes suddenly in order to avoid it. The dog escaped but he skidded and fell down. His injury required him to put an arm in a sling for a few days. (One doctor said this was why he considered two wheelers dangerous and advised his patients to drive only cars!)

My father-in-law decided to go to Hyderabad for a few days in order to tie up a few loose ends which he had left pending because of his hurried departure to Coimbatore following my stroke. The night before he was to travel, he developed some chest pain. He was admitted to K.G.Hospital where the doctors said that he had suffered a heart attack. They advised him to undergo bypass surgery as soon as possible because he had multiple blocks in his arteries. He underwent the surgery a couple of months after I was discharged.

No comments:

Post a Comment